Top reasons for dog veterinary visits according to DVM Magazine:
Skin Conditions Two of the Top Three Reasons Dogs Visit Veterinarian
Following is a list of the top reasons for veterinary visits in 2012 along with appropriate, effective Freckled Paws natural | herbal | holistic treatment if applicable:
- Atopic or Allergic Dermatitis: Extremely common skin disease is second only to flea allergy dermatitis in frequency. Remedy: Freckled Paws Hot Spot Cream
- Otitis Externa: Otitis externa is an inflammation of the outer ear and ear canal. Remedy: Animal Essentials Herbal Ear Rinse.
- Pyoderma / Hot Spot: A hot spot is a skin infection that results when bacteria over run the skin’s defenses as a result of damage to the skin surface. This is most often started by the dog chewing or scratching at the site. Staphylococcus intermedius, found in dog’s mouth and on their skin, is the most common infection found in hot spots. Remedy: Freckled Paws Hot Spot Oil or Freckled Paws Hot Spot Cream.
- Benign Neoplasia: Neoplasia is the abnormal growth or division of cells. These are basically lumps found on your furkid. Remedy: Consult your veterinarian. You will most likely want the tumor aspirated to determine whether it is actually benign. You can also make the decision on whether to surgically remove the growth or simply leave it in place.
- Gastropathy: Gastropathy is a term covering disease of the dog’s stomach. Remedy: Consult your veterinarian. Prevention is the best defense in our opinion. Feed your furkid a high quality commercial dog food or homemade dog food. We also recommend supplementing with Animal Essentials Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a group of mechanical abnormalities involving degradation of joints. Symptoms include joint pain, tenderness and stiffness. Remedy: Nature’s Way Joint Support Blend (coming soon!).
- Enteropathy: Protein losing Enteropathy is a condition that affects a dog’s ability to process and utilize proteins as food passes through the intestinal tract. There are a number of diseases that can damage the intestines enough to cause this protein loss. Remedy: Consult your veterinarian. Condition could be caused by serious disease such as cancer. Prevention includes feeding a quality diet with the addition of Animal Essentials Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics.
- Cystitis or Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Both conditions involve the urinary tract. Left untreated the conditions worsen. UTI can spread throughout the urinary system and eventually could cause damage to the kidneys. Urine may be dark and/or contain blood. The dog may cry went urinating, due to burning pain sensation and they may start and then stop before their bladder is empty. They may also try and hold themselves until they can’t hold it anymore and they might start urinating in the house. Remedy: Prevention is the best medicine. A quality diet along with always having water available is advisable. Tinkle Tonic is an award winning herbal urinary tract support product for pets. 2010 BUZZILLIONS REVIEWERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNER! Choose from 1 oz to 16 oz size.
- Periodontitis / Dental Disease: Dental cleanings are one of the “bread & butter” procedures for veterinary clinics. The dog is placed under anesthesia while the teeth are cleaned. Remedy: Save yourself money along with the risk of placing your furkid under anesthesia. SeaDent is truly a remarkable product that cleans your furkid’s teeth with the action of special enzymes. SeaDent is one product EVERY dog should be using! Your furkid will never need another expensive Dental again.
- Soft Tissue Trauma: The possible causes of soft tissue trauma are endless. You don’t want to ignore any soft tissue trauma, though, as a small wound can present big problems if not treated properly. Remedy: Freckled Paws Wound Butter.Freckled Paws Wound Butter is a blend of healing herbs and oils and contains powerful antiseptic properties as well.
Many of these conditions can be prevented with a high quality diet. Most can be successfully prevented and treated with natural holistic products.
Freckled Paws Products are especially effective healing skin conditions and wounds. Our Products are a proprietary blend of organic, natural oils that are all human food grade and do not contain alcohol. None of the ingredients are toxic, unlike several other brands.
Animal Essential products are made in Victor, Montana. Greg and Mary Tillford, founders of Animal Essentials, co-wrote the book Herbs for Pets. They are considered among the most knowledgeable pet herbalists. The company, Animal Essentials, produces all their products to maintain high quality standards not possible when manufacturing is farmed out.
We sell only the highest quality products. We will never compromise our high standards to increase profits. We take our tagline, “Where your Furkid is our Furkid” to heart. The well being of the furkids is our number one priority and always will be!