Freckled Paws Hot Spot Cream, ChapStick & Spray Oil
Hot Spot will heal your dog’s canine discoid lupus, DLE, Collie Nose lesions if you follow the instructions. We have many testimonials stating recovery in days. Please, DO NOT expect this for your dog. The average time to heal the lesions from lupus/collie nose is about a month. In many cases the pigment never returns 100% and some pink color remains, although that will no longer be sore. You should expect to start seeing changes in a matter of days, though.
- Dab affected skin with warm water and cloth prior to application of Hot Spot. Then dab the area dry. The idea is to rid the area of scabs (hence the warm water dabbing) over time and treat bare skin.
- Squirt Oil or get some Cream on your finger any gently work into affected skin. The Cream will turn to oil as it comes in contact with your and your dog’s skin, this is normal. If the pump spray oil won’t come out, run capped bottle under some hot water for a minute or so. This will alter product from a semi-solid back to a liquid. Do not refrigerate any of our products and keep out of direct sun.
- Keep your dog from licking the oil off for minimum of 30 seconds.
- Repeat this 3-4 times per day until skin is healed.
- Once healed reduce treatments to 1-2 times per week. You must keep treating for life or lesions will return. The Cream is more economical for the maintenance treatments but Oil is more concentrated for initial healing.
- Apply each time your dog will be exposed to the sun for any extended period.
- Start your dog on a “Grain Free” diet if they aren’t currently eating a grain free food. This is an extremely important step. We cannot emphysize enough the difference in results you will achieve depending on whether you include this part of treatment or not. We recommend going to Dog Food Advisor’s list of quality “grain free” dog foods. Pick a few brands from the list and see which foods are available in your local market. The list is split into dry kibble foods and wet dog foods. Freckled Paws does not receive any payment or kickbacks from Dog Food Advisor or any dog food companies. We simply believe Dog Food Advisor is a good, independent rating service that will help our customers find a quality grain free dog food in their local area. Make sure the treats you feed your dog are “Grain Free” as well!
- The Oil and Cream are also very effective at healing all kinds of skin issues such as flea bite reactions and acute moist dermatitis among other skin issues.
- You can also put a half teaspoon of Cream or about 6 drops of Oil on their food for the Omega Fatty Acids and other good things Hot Spot is loaded with. This will help with joint issues among other things.
- In addition, Hot Spot is effective at healing yeast ear infections. Apply Oil directly into ear canal. Heat Cream slightly so it turns to oil and apply to ear canal, making sure it is cool enough before applying.
Freckled Paws Wound Butter
Freckled Paws Wound Butter can be used as a replacement for Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Neosporin etc. Our wound butter is a powerful blend of natural oils that significantly speeds the healing process for all kinds of wounds. If you have any doubts have a look at the story of Zeke the Golden Retriever who had lacerations found just prior to his Carotid Artery being severed.
Follow the directions of your veterinarian. Simply substitute Freckled Paws Wound Butter for Triple Antibiotic Ointment or Neosporin. If the Veterinarian didn’t give you instructions for use, the process really depends on the severity of the wound.
The basic treatment is to:
- Irrigate the wound with sterile normal saline
- After cleaning, pat dry with clean cloth
- Pack wound with Freckled Paws Wound Butter
- Repeat this process 2-3 times per day until healed
If you have additional questions, consult your veterinrian. You can also use our Contact Form.